The Savannah Chatham Sustainability Coalition provides year-round education on sustainable practices to individuals and organizations in the environmental, social, creative, and economic sectors in local communities. Their goal is implementing policies and programs that will reduce waste, promote green spaces, incentivize commercial recycling, conserve resources, and encourage local investment in our citizens.
Savannah Chatham Sustainability Coalition (SCSC) champions the integration of sustainability principles within our partner municipalities and their community organizations. Collaborating with the environmental, social, health, educational, and economic sectors, SCSC works with issues that affect everyone.
We coordinate and support sustainability initiatives, like the Earth Day Festival through education, outreach and engagement.
SCSC champions the integration of sustainable principles within our partner municipalities and their community organizations. SCSC will collaborate with the environmental, social, health, educational and economic sectors on issues that affect everyone. Also, SCSC will coordinate and support renewable initiatives through education, outreach and engagement.
- To inspire and educate the people in our communities to be good stewards of the Earth.
- To support and collaborate with local government, businesses, creative community and organizations with environmental, social, health, and economic projects.
- To grow and expand the Earth Day Festival as well as other similar public events and initiatives that empower and educate our community.
The SCSC Board Members represent their diverse community with nine founding members:
- Timothy Arnold- Founder of Tybee Clean Beach Volunteers
- Laura Douglass- Artist, Cosmic Corner Savannah
- Lisa Garneau Doyle- Owner, Gypsy World Savannah
- Matthew Grady- Motivational Speaker
- Rob Hessler- Artist, Co-Chair of the Parkside Neighborhood Association
- Robert Kiser- Owner at C-Port Mushroom Project
- Elizabeth Rhaney- Artist, Emergent Savannah
- George Seaborough – Citizen Advocate Coordinator, Instructor at Savannah State University
- Cami Sockow- Center for Sustainability Program Coordinator, Georgia Southern University
- Cynthia Hopson, Director of Sustainable Neighborhoods
- Lisa Galloway Goodman, Director of Sustainable Development
- Joanne Morton, Director of Sustainable Events
- Erin Sheahan, Director of Sustainable Hospitality
- Kathryn Shelton, Director of Sustainable Communities
Persons, businesses, or organizations wishing to partner with SCSC through volunteering, sponsorships, or programming are always welcome and are encouraged to contact SCSC at SCSC912info@gmail.com.
More information on Earth Day Festival and SCSC can be found at http://earthdaysavannah.org/scsc/ and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SCSC912/